Please Consider A Donation
One way to get involved with HANDS is to consider a financial donation to ensure that we can provide services and events each year for older adults in Vermont. Even a small donation on your part goes a LONG way to improve the quality of life of the seniors we serve. You may donate online via PayPal. If you would like, we would be happy to list a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” someone special to you. If you would like to send a check, that would also be fine. Please make it out to HANDS and mail it to 13 St. Louis Street, Burlington VT 05401. Thank you so much!
Seeking Donations for Giftbags
Every Christmas, we provide a giftbag with our meal deliveries—Shhh, please don’t tell the seniors! Due to safety concerns this year, we’re cancelling the sitdown dinner unfortunately. That means that we’ll be making lots more deliveries all over the county instead. We’ll need lots of giftbag donations and we’d love your help, please!
As part of the changes this year, we won’t be able to gather and giftwrap which is really sad. So, what would help out the most in this peculiar year is for you to donate a larger number of just one item from our wish list. That will make it so much easier for us to manage.
If you’re interested in just giftwrapping, please contact Jess Hyman at email@example.com. If you’d like to purchase a number of the same items and giftwrap them yourself, that’s also great—please just make sure you stick a label on the whole batch so we know what it is. We have paper and tape if you’d like to pick that up in Burlington.
We try to stick with helpful basics and are always seeking:
- Financial contributions in any amount
- Canned goods & food items (soup, vegetables, canned tuna, meals in a can), jars of peanut butter, packages of peanut butter and crackers, healthy granola bars, jars of unsweetened applesauce, and large boxes of raisins
- Toiletries (toothpaste, individual toothbrushes, soap, large boxes of tissues, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, hand wipes, shampoo, shaving cream, etc.)
- Hats, gloves, or scarves for both men and women
- Art supplies (colored pencils, drawing paper, adult coloring books)
- Crossword puzzle books
- Small LED flashlights with batteries
- Energy efficient lightbulbs
- $20 Hannaford grocery giftcards
- Please, NO candles or sugar candy
Not sure what to give? Please check our Donation Tracker to see what items are most needed. Thank you!
If you would like to donate items, please contact Jess Hyman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!
We would love to have you volunteer – there are plenty of opportunities to help and we’ll try to find the best fit for you. Please contact Jess Hyman at email@example.com. Here are some examples of how you could lend a hand:
*Donations for the giftbags (please click here to see what’s needed)
*This year, we’ll have to change how we do giftwrapping since we can’t gather in groups. Please stay tuned on that one.
*Volunteering on one of our committees throughout the year as we plan events
*Helping out at one of our garden sites
*Volunteering to pick up and drop off items
*Hand addressing envelopes
*Monetary donations are always welcome
Our 2020 Board Meetings will be held: