2018 Calendar is Here!
Our 2018 calendar is filled with beautiful photos of fruits and vegetables, all part of our “HANDS in the Dirt” gardening programs in collaboration with Vermont Community Garden Network and others. Proceeds will benefit our “HANDS in the Dirt” gardening programs. There’s a special deal right now for only $8.00, including shipping. Thank you!
Please Consider A Donation
One way to get involved with HANDS is to consider a financial donation to ensure that we can provide services and events each year for older adults in Vermont. Even a small donation on your part goes a LONG way to improve the quality of life of the seniors we serve. You may donate online via PayPal. If you would like, we would be happy to list a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” someone special to you. If you would like to send a check, that would also be fine. Please make it out to HANDS and mail it to 13 St. Louis Street, Burlington VT 05401. Thank you so much!
Seeking Donations for Giftbags
Every Christmas we provide a giftbag with meal deliveries. We try to stick with helpful basics and are always seeking:
- Financial contributions in any amount
- Fleece throws
- Canned goods & food items (soup, vegetables, canned tuna, meals in a can), jars of peanut butter, packages of peanut butter and crackers, healthy granola bars, small containers of unsweetened applesauce, and large boxes of raisins
- Toiletries (individual toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, tissues, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, shampoo, etc.)
- Hats, gloves, or scarves for both men and women
- Art supplies (colored pencils, small tubes of watercolors, small tubes of oil paint, drawing paper, etc.)
- Non-denominational wrapping paper and/or scotch tape
- Crossword puzzle books
- Sugar-free candy
- Small LED flashlights with batteries
- Hand or foot warmers
- Notecards or notepads
- Energy efficient lightbulbs
- Gift cards for local grocery stores, CCTA bus passes, and restaurants
- Volunteers to help with giftwrapping
- Please, NO candles or sugar candy
If you would like to donate items, please feel free to drop them off at 13 St. Louis Street in Burlington (off Archibald Street), call Megan at 864-7528, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick-up. Thank you so much!
We would love to have you volunteer – there are plenty of opportunities to help and we’ll try to find the best fit for you. Here are some examples of how you could lend a hand:
*Donations for the giftbags (please see Wish List)
*Giftwrapping goodies for the giftbags, providing food for volunteers, taking photos
*Helping out at the sitdown dinner at the Elks Lodge by being available to sit and chat, taking photos, providing transportation, etc.
*Volunteering on one of our committees throughout the year as we plan events
*Volunteering to pick up and drop off items
*Monetary donations are always welcome
Our 2018 Board Meetings will be held on: