Please Consider A Donation
One way to get involved with HANDS is to consider a financial donation to ensure that we can provide services and events each year for older adults in Vermont. Even a small donation on your part goes a LONG way to improve the quality of life of the seniors we serve. You may donate online via PayPal. If you would like, we would be happy to list a donation “in honor of” or “in memory of” someone special to you. If you would like to send a check, that would also be fine. Please make it out to HANDS and mail it to 13 St. Louis Street, Burlington VT 05401. Thank you so much!
Seeking Donations for Giftbags
Every Christmas we provide a giftbag with meal deliveries. We try to stick with helpful basics and are always seeking:
- Financial contributions in any amount
- Canned goods & food items (soup, vegetables, canned tuna, meals in a can), jars of peanut butter, packages of peanut butter and crackers, healthy granola bars, small containers of unsweetened applesauce, and large boxes of raisins
- Toiletries (toothpaste, individual toothbrushes, soap, large boxes of tissues, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, shampoo, shaving cream, etc.)
- Hats, gloves, or scarves for both men and women
- Art supplies (colored pencils, small tubes of watercolors, small tubes of oil paint, drawing paper, etc.)
- Non-denominational wrapping paper and/or scotch tape
- Crossword puzzle books
- Sugar-free candy
- Small LED flashlights with batteries
- Hand or foot warmers
- Notecards or notepads
- Energy efficient lightbulbs
- Gift cards for local grocery stores, CCTA bus passes, and restaurants
- Volunteers to help with giftwrapping
- Please, NO candles or sugar candy
Not sure what to give? Please check our Donation Tracker to see what items are most needed.
If you would like to donate items, please contact Jess Hyman at email@example.com. Thank you so much!
We would love to have you volunteer – there are plenty of opportunities to help and we’ll try to find the best fit for you. Please contact Jess Hyman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are some examples of how you could lend a hand:
*Donations for the giftbags (please see Wish List)
*Giftwrapping goodies for the giftbags, providing food for volunteers, taking photos. Giftwrapping parties were held Dec. 5 and 11 at T Rugg’s Tavern and Dec. 14, 17, 19 and 21 at the ONE Community Center in 2019. Sign up here.
*Helping out at the sitdown dinner at the Elks Lodge on Christmas Day by being available to sit and chat, taking photos, providing transportation, etc. Sign up here.
*Volunteering on one of our committees throughout the year as we plan events
*Helping out at one of our garden sites
*Volunteering to pick up and drop off items
*Hand addressing envelopes
*Phonecalls to seniors who have signed up for meals or rides
*Monetary donations are always welcome
Our 2020 Board Meetings will be held:
October, November, & December TBD